Saturday, September 7, 2013

One Year.

A year ago today, we lost Brittany. 
I hate remembering this day,  but I cannot help myself. It's forever engrained. 
I miss her every single day. 
Sometimes, I wear Clinique Happy just so I can smell her scent. It makes her seem close – not that she ever feels far away. 
I feel like I carry her with me everywhere. We did so much together it's hard to not have her pop into my head at random times when I'm doing normal things. 
I don't mind having her pop into my head. It makes her feel so close. 
It makes me feel like she's in my head and she knows everything I didn't get a chance to share with her out loud. 
Today, I know I'm not the only one struggling with remembering the pain of her loss. It's one of the shittiest memories I have. I also am blessed to have some of the most incredible memories I could imagine and the most incredible friends and family to remember her with. 
When I think of Britt, I think about her family and how they moulded her into the most incredible woman. I'm grateful for them and the friend they gave me. 
For those of you who had the pleasure of knowing Britt, remember the good stuff today. Remember it every day, but especially today. 
For those of you who didn't know her, I presume you have a best friend. Everyone has that one person. The person you call first when something big happens - good or bad. The person who can read every look on your face. The person you can't imagine living without. Hold them close today. Life is precious and it flies by. Make the memories now. You hold onto those for an eternity.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment