Shilo has been plagued by snow for six months. Straight.
I haven't seen my grass in half a year. That is a true story.
I recall having snow before Remembrance Day as I recall a massive snowstorm only adding to the already collected snow. I also recall slipping on ice and photographing the entire Shilo parade with a snow-dampened bum.
This means we're hitting six months with snow on the ground.
Prairie problems.
I am sick of white. I am starting to hate looking out at the never-ending sight line of the pancake-flat prairies and seeing nothing but a thick blanket of snow. I am dying for some colour. I love the summer here. The crops are colourful and the sky is a blue so clear it could stop your heart.
The breathtaking prairie sky is eternally fascinating to me. There is no city smog, there are no towering mountains to block the sun as it sinks, and the clouds somehow seem higher here.
It's all so open.
The snow makes it feel closed in.
I am starting to feel as if I'm trapped in Narnia.
I can tell you that I still have all this snow on the ground but I figured everyone should see it.
I actually ventured outside today and took some pictures.
Considering how little I appreciate snow and cold, you should all appreciate this.
| The view from the backyard. Taken April 9. No lies. |
| What you see when you visit. Snow and snow. |
| What you see when you leave our house. No surprises here. |
| That is not a miniature snow shovel, friends. |
| Little tree buds could be a sign of spring.... |
All of these were taken today. Today is April 9. I hope you all see the problem here.
So, if you live some place where it's not quite spring, chin-up.
It could be winter in April.
Rant done.
xo
No comments:
Post a Comment